Friday, May 24, 2013

Enough Already!

It has been a few weeks since my last post, but I wanted to share a finish. They have been few and far between lately.

I had high hopes when I took this wonky block class from a wonderful teacher, Jean Brenner.

 

Needless to say, I earned a lot about color and organizing for chain piecing complicated blocks, but the most significant thing that I learned was that I do not like wonky piecing. I have always prided myself for the relaxed quilting style that I have. One of my favorite phrases is "Quilting is so forgiving"' and it is. But I realized while trying to put these blocks together that I like the math and seams that intersect. I like the precision of traditional piecing and there was not much of that going on in this quilt. It took me a really long time to get it done. But it is finally finished.

I have named it "Enough Already!" As I have had enough wonky piecing to last me a lifetime. I love the colors and the way it turned out, but not enough to repeat the experience. Well on to the next quilt.

 

 

2 comments:

Shay said...

I like it Janice. I think you did a fantastic job.

Im with you though . I do tend to like symmetry in my quilts . My quirky often comes from a riot of colour rather than wonky pieces.

Good on you for giving it a crack.

Marie said...

Quilting is a journey in so many ways and it sounds like you have discovered one more thing about what you like and don't - that's important. Your quilt looks great, and it's a finish!