Wednesday, May 8, 2013

It's A Long Way to Missouri!

We had a wonderful vacation. We went to Bates City, MO (near Kansas City), to visit with my oldest son and 6 of our grandchildren.

We took them to the zoo one afternoon and it was a glorious sunny day.They recently bought a new house out in the country. They have 5 acres with a pond, a barn, a chicken coop and lots of room for all the kids to run.

 

 

On the way to Missouri we made a stop at the National Quilt Museum in Paducah, KY and once again I was awestruck at the quilts that hang there. They don't allow you to take photos of the quilts inside, but it was well worth the stop and makes me reflect on this hobby of mine that some have turned into an art form. I feel inadequate, but not discouraged.

One of the quilts that hangs there is The Conway Album quilt, by Erma Gail Hatcher. In have been in awe of this quilt for so long. Seeing it up close and in person was one of the thrills of our trip.

I may never rise to this level in my quilting skills, but I strive to do better with each new project. I have a couple of finishes and some WIPs (Works in Progress) to show you next time.

Happy Quilting!

Janice

 

1 comment:

Marie said...

That Conway Album quilt is AMAZING!