Tuesday, June 25, 2013

The First Cut is Done

If you have read my previous post you already know that I am joining Michelle Foster at Quilting Gallery in her Aim for Accuracy Quilt-A-Long

I am so excited about doing this project. I made the first cuts of my background fabric and can't wait for the next step. I am using this project to get me out of a quilting funk. I have spent so little time quilting lately that I was beginning to think I should stop calling myself a quilter. But no more! I have taken rotary cutter in hand and whacked a beloved piece of paisley that I stole from my good friend Anna. I didn't really steal it, but I did beg incessantly until she coughed it up. Thanks Anna!

Now for the next step.. Come on Michelle! Did I happen to mention that I am impatient as well as covetous?

 

 

3 comments:

Shay said...

I love that paisley fabric Janice. Cant wait to see how your mystery project pans out.

Janice said...

It is actually not a mystery, but a quilt along with set steps revealed at intervals, but we do know what it will look like when it is done. See my previous post or click on the Aim for Accuracy Link at the top of the page. It will take you to Michelle Foster's website with the guidelines and directions.

Lynn Provencher said...

Great background!!!!