Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done.
I read a blog this morning that got me really thinking. E over at http://ordinary-time.blogspot.com/ wrote a post listing all of the things she is thankful for. It made me realize that I don't stop and thank God enough for the wonderful things in my life, so I decided to make a list.
- For my wonderful Godly husband, who has put up with me for 32+ years. He makes me smile every day. He is full of wisdom, compassion and understanding. He lives out the gospel he professes every day. He is an example to our sons of how a father should be. He doesn't mind the quilting stuff all over the house, and he even stops at quilt shops when we travel. He does dishes and makes a scrumptious pound cake, and is still in love with me after all of the years. Yes I am truly blessed and very thankful that God put us together at the beginning of my life.
- For my 3 boys and all the love that they have brought to my life. They each have their own talents and abilities and I thank God for each one of them.
- For the 10 grandchildren that God has given me. Each one brings a special joy to my life, and I can never get enough of the very special love that grandchildren bring to your life.
- For my sisters who know me and love me anyway. Who help me to continue the strong sense of family that my mother instilled in us. I am grateful for their love and that they are close enough for me to see them often.
- For my church family, my pastor, my worship leader and all of the other brothers and sisters in Christ in my local church body, that mean I am never alone, and never without a shoulder to cry on, or someone to lift me up with a word of encouragement, or someone to cover me in prayer during times of trial and godly wisdom when I need it and a kick in the pants when I need to be reminded of who my Father is.
- I am thankful for my job, as part of God's provision for my family.
- For my boss, who acknowledges my ablities and gives me room to do my job
- For my health, and the renewed desire to take better care of my body.
- For my special friends who understand fabric addiction, and the need to create something with my hands.
- For a warm/cool house, a safe place with so many comforts. I am truly blessed.
- For the beauty that is all around me. The bible says that creation testifies of God.
- For more than enough to eat, for so much abundance that I have to diet.
- For a sound mind, the ability to read and think and use my brain.
Thanks for taking the time to read my ramblings. Somethings are more important than whatever I have on my design wall, and I am learning that I need to take time for those things also.