Monday, July 4, 2011

Freedom Festival at the Dome

Every year to celebrate the 4th of July our church does a celebration.    It is kind of like a church picnic but lower key.    They set up a water slide, wading pools for the little ones, and our worship leader who is kind of a techno geek/gadget nerd constructed this wonderful water balloon station that keeps the kids entertained all day.  







 The older folks find a bit of shade and sit around talking and laughing while they watch the kids run around.  

This year we had a pie baking contest, and while they were all excellent, these were the winners in my opinion.    Now these don't necessarily co-inside with the judges results, but let them get their own blog.



The evening was topped off with a firework display, alas I don't have any photos of the fireworks, as my camera is way too lame to take good fireworks pictures.    Yet another reason to get a new better DSLR camera. (See that honey, that is what I want for my birthday/Christmas).   It was a very enjoyable day.

Happy Birthday America!  May God continue to bless us!

1 comment:

Brenda said...

You have a beautiful blog. Thanks for following me.