Thursday, April 25, 2019

Special Gifts and a Throw Back Thursday Photo

Yesterday was Administrative Professionals Day.    I am an administrator for a PhD program at a major university.   I do a lot of paperwork, budgets, ordering, travel, meeting planning and hand holding for graduate students and research faculty. I love my job.   I do many different things and can basically choose to do something different every day.

I received this bouquet of flowers, and this beautiful card from a co-worker.   It made my day.   When I saw the card it made me think of a quilt (wall hanging) that I have been contemplating for years, that features birdhouses.    I told my co worker that, and she took it as the great complement that it is.


My boss while not as creative in his gift, also remembered me with a Thank You gift, and I am going to have to find something special to use it on.


I made some progress on the half log cabins, and will share some pictures when I get all of the blocks done. 

For a TBT (Throw Back Thursday), here is a picture of me with my sisters from 2006. 



I should have some quilty pictures for you tomorrow.  My sit-n-stitch group meets tonight and I will share what each person is working on tomorrow.

No comments: