Tuesday, April 23, 2019

A New Start

I have been away from blogging for a long time, but I get a blog everyday by email, that makes me remember how much fun it is to keep track of life in words and pictures. 

So I am going to give it another try.   The hard part is making it a habit.   A few years ago, I posted everyday or at least 5 of 7 days of the week.   Looking back at my posts, I am reminded of great memories and how great looking back at my life events makes me feel.   So here goes:



So this happened.    I have wanted a long arm for a long time, but have no where to put a large frame.  While browsing FB market place, I saw this machine for sale, at a great price.   I asked my husband, not expecting a positive response, if we could get it.  Much to my surprise he agreed.  So then to buy it, haul it home and wait patiently(not) for my husband to put it back together again.  I was like a kid who was waiting on his father to pack the car for a fishing trip, who can't wait to christen his new rod and reel.  I was jumping up and down inside. 

When I told my husband I was jumping up and down inside, he said " I know" that is why we bought it.    I am a very blessed woman! 

I have begun practicing my free motion quilting and will share some pictures of my efforts soon.

So we get the new machine with its table and extension and my husband


James, says "It is not going to fit in that room."  I say " Yes it will I measured."  Then he asks, what do we have to move.    I say " Every item in the room." and begin to show him where everything goes.   It does fit, with just a few inches to spare, and now I have wall to wall quilting and storage spaces in my sewing room.  Have I mentioned that I am blessed?














I ordered and my huband hung for me some metal peg boards and I have organized most of my tools, but I still have some bins and boxes to go through, so the empty space will definitely get filled.

Tomorrow I will share some of the projects I am working on and some samples of my practice work on my Sweet Sixteen Handiquilter.   I need to come up with a name for her.   If you have any suggestions, give me a shout out.

Until next time.





No comments: