WIP's - Works in Progress
PhD's - Projects Half Done
What ever you call them, almost every quilter has them. They are created slowly and surely. How are they made you ask?
* The internet round robin where someone put something in you didn't like.
* The Christmas gift list that was too ambitious for the time and energy you had left before the big day.
It seems as if almost every blog I read these days is talking about getting UFOs completed. There are lists, and links and challenges and prizes, trying to help us get motivated to finish something. Well this blog is not any different. I am listing my UFO's, WIP and PhD's for all the world to see. I already have an extensive list with about 25 things on it, and that is probably not all. Gotta go through those bins in the closet. I started
my list in January ( of course) about 5 or 6 years ago, and since then I have crossed off 6 items and added 5. I have also completed a few baby quilts, and other things that never sat idle, long enough to make the list. My theory is that it has to remain idle for at least a year to qualify for this list. Otherwise it is not a UFO, it is just a WIP. This year I am going to try to cross off 10 UFO's from my list. I know that is an ambitious goal, but I am feeling motivated and bold. Let's see how I do. Do you dare put your list (I know you have one), to paper and share it with the world? I dare you!
- Just Beachy - Machine Applique - based on a class pattern by Karen Stone - 2003
- Paper Pieced Trucks - 2004
- Autumn Jacket - 2006
- Blue Square in a Square - Full Size - 2004
- Spring Time Table Runner - 2009
Yellow Brick Road - 2006Completed
- Stack N' Whack - 2003
- Blue Paisley Bible Block Quilt - 2008
- Yellow and Blue Round Robin - 1999
Blue Airplane Quilt for David - 2006- Completed March 2011
- Salsa Nights BOM for Dalten
- Nine Patch Scrappy Quilt - 2003
- Cups and Saucers - Paper Piecing - 2006
- Christmas Table Runner - 2007
- Snowball Quilt - 2006
- Flying Geese Quilt - 2005
- Love is a Work of Heart - Hand Applique - 2000
- Lori's Jumper - 2007
- Berries and Vines - Hand Applique - 2006
A Girl Can Get Tired of Diamonds- Ready to go to longarm - Need money - King Size - 1999
- Southern Belle Quilt - Family Heirloom, 3 generations of quilters have worked on this. Hand Quilting
- Friendship Squares - Internet Swap - 2000
- New York Beauty Blocks
- Vintage Sunburst Star Blocks - Left to me by my mother when she passed 14 years ago.
- Umbrella Ladies - Blanket Stitch Applique - 2004
- Birdie Stitches - January 2011
- Tis the Season - Stitch Along - March 2011
Try it for yourself. Listing them is actually kind of freeing. One blog said it was even okay to give them away or throw them away. I won't go that far! But listing them was not so bad.