Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Unplugging Daily

One would have to say that I am definitely a plugged in kind of gal.     I love my iMac, my Macbook, my desktop pc, my dvr, my vcr, my digital camera, and most of all my favorite gadget right now is my iphone.

I have chargers and earphones, cables to link up, sd cards, flash drives and I never leave home without my usb cords.  Need a spare card for your camera?    Need extra batteries?   I probably have them in my techy zippered pouch.   I carry it with me where ever I go.   I love being able to communicate with my friends and family and my fellow bloggers and quilters on the other side of the world.


I facebook, skype, tweet and pin (you do this on Pinterest.com).   I can spend so much time online that I forget to talk to the people around me.   While having dinner last night with my cousin, who I haven't seen in almost a year, it struck me that we reconnected on facebook, we sent texts about the place and time we were going to meet for dinner.  I phoned him on my iPhone when I arrived at his hotel to pick him up, but none of those things could give me the pure enjoyment of seeing his smiling face and joining in the laughter we shared as we talked about our lives and our families.  

Last night was a good night, connecting with family is so important.   Don't forget to unplug sometimes and spend time with the ones that you love.   Give them your full attention without all the gadgets and wireless devices interrupting.  Pure sweet fellowship, there is nothing like it.

Thanks David!         

1 comment:

Hilachas said...

You're my kind of gal! I, too, have all sorts of gadgets. My daughter just gave me an iPad as my early Christmas present and I already love it. It's just like my iPhone, only larger. I am also buried in cords, earphones and accessories and loving it. You go girl!