Monday, November 8, 2010

Design Wall Monday: Old Projects Awaiting Attention

My design wall has been primarily in my head lately.    Most of the projects I have worked on and/or completed have not made it to my design wall.   My sewing space is a flux.   Going from a guest room to a temporary bedroom for a live in uncle, to a live in son & DIL who are having financial and marital problems, back to a guest room and now I just haven't had the energy to move everything around again.    

I am getting my plan for a sewing room makeover and trying to figure out where to put everything.   But right now I have two projects that have been hanging out on my design wall for a long time.

Two lonely New York Beauty blocks that I really love.

I need to add to these blocks and make a quilt or take them down and put them in my orphan block bin.
    I haven't quite decided which I shall do.   But I do like them, I am just not sure I like the paper piecing that I did to produce them.     We will see.

The other thing is a small Valentine Day wall hanging.    I was supposed to finish it  3 years ago, but couldn't find the right border fabric.    I am going to get it finished because I really like the hearts and the button hole stitch that I did by hand around them.    I am going to finish this one.    I have just joined design wall Monday and have decided to use it to prod me into finishing projects, so that I have some progress to show everyone on Monday's

Hopefully on Monday, this will have a border.
We will see if this works.

Have a great evening.   I am going to bed early tonight, as I am starting back to the gym in the morning after missing 3 weeks.   2 weeks of vacation turned into a third week of laziness recovery.



For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse. For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools. . . [Romans 1:20-22].


We were born to give thanks to God.    As we go into this holiday season, I am reminded of all I have to be thankful for, and how important it is to acknowledge God in my life.

Janice
 

1 comment:

Barb said...

That first two blocks is just amazing...and your hearts...adorable.