Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Knitting & Crocheting with Friends



A group of women that I met over in the next building at work, invited me to sit and stitch with them at lunch.     I was working on a hand applique project and would sit and sew while they knitted.  I enjoyed the company and the break in the middle of the day to stitch is a great stress reliever.     They were working on a community service project.     They were knitting for women and children that were clients of our local battered womens shelter called "The Refuge House".
I decided to join them and since I don't knit I took up my crochet needle and worked on scarves and hats.    I have been enjoying the portability of the yarn and crochet hook.    I guess I have added crocheting back to my list of hobbies.     It has been lots of fun getting to know these women and creating something that will help keep others warm this winter.   

A Large Pile of Items for the Battered Women's Shelter
 



 As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend."
Proverbs 27:17 (NLT)

 Have a great evening and I will talk at you later.

Janice

No comments: