Tuesday, November 2, 2010

New Fabric Purchases

If you read the posts about my trip to the mountains, you would know that I recently purchased some wonderful fabrics from a couple of shops that I visited in TN.    

It was the fall colors that just called to me in this one.   I tried to walk away, but it wouldn't let me.




I seem to have an obsession about teal fabrics.   There is always at least one teal fat quarter in every purchase.
 The next fabrics are the background white,  and the inspirational fabric for the next hand applique project I am going to do.    It is from Piece O Cake designs and is called "My Whimsical Garden."  It  calls for hundreds of circles of various sizes in the border.   I am using this fabric instead and now have a wonderful color palate to choose from for my applique pieces.    I will keep you posted on my progress.   Not too often, it is hand applique.

  One of my favorite new fabric designers is Blue Hill Fabrics.   I look forward to lots of future purchases from this designer.
 and of course a few fat quarters.     There is that teal again.    It must jump into my hand.   
  I will add these to the piles to be put away in my stash.    I need to get around to organizing my stash again.   It is getting a little out of hand.


Thanks for reading!

Janice


"Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift each of you like wheat.
But I have pleaded in prayer for you, Simon, that your faith should not fail. So when you have repented and turned to me again, strengthen your brothers."
Luke 22:31-32 (NLT)       

2 comments:

Barb said...

Oh my...what wonderful fabrics....and what you are planning to do with them...ummm ummm

Kim D. said...

Wow, those are gorgeous fabrics. I know what you mean, those teal fabrics seem to jump in my arms too. LOL I'm a big batik fan also.