Friday, February 25, 2011

I Love Water!

Since I am allergic to artificial sweetners and I am always on a diet, trying to eat healthy, and stay away from the dreaded "soda".   I almost never drink soda, I might sneak a Mountain Dew in there every once in a blue moon.   For the most part I drink water, and with all the new info coming out about plastic bottles and how bad they are for the environment, and they may cause cancer, etc... I drink filtered water.   We have a Brita filter pitcher that stays in our fridge, 24/7.    While it is a good thing, it is not my favorite thing. 

My favorite thing is this:

This is only a small sample of the water bottles that I have.   I collect them.   I have them in my fridge, in my car, by my bed, in my backpack, by my sewing machine and every where else that I go.    I rotate them continually and always have one with me.    I love water!    It's a good thing, as I can't really drink anything else.    The butterfly one is my favorite, this week.

Don't forget to head on over to Shay's place "Quilting in My Pajama's"   and tell us about your favorite thing.



9 comments:

thea said...

Such cute bottles. I try to be environmentally conscious but I confess I often use bottled water. I do try to re-use those, but they aren't nearly as cute. great FTF.

Paulette said...

What a great example you are for all of us, me especially, who should remember to drink more water! It's my second favorite drink, after tea. I'm thinking that Brita pitcher would be a good thing to have.

Kirsten said...

Wow...are you a "Bottel collector". Love your bottler and love your FTF

Shay said...

Yep-I like the butterfly one too!(Am also quite partial to the pink one )

I have a Brita water filter here as well. I have been meaning to get a glass water bottle FOREVER. I'll drink water if it's with me and portable but always seem to go for tea or coffee otherwise.

You've inspired me Janice-Im off to get a water bottle TODAY! Terrific FTF- thanks for linking up and sharing.

Marg said...

I love water, that's what I drink 99% of the time. We have our own rainwater tanks here, it is filtered on the way to the tap. Now I can't stand drinking tap water in cities as I can taste the chlorine etc, so I have to buy bottled water when I'm away and when I run out of my bottles of water.

Sara said...

There's a guy a couple of paddocks behind us who bottles the exact same bore water as we get through our taps (we live on pretty much solid limestone which filters it) and sells it all over Australia. Buy they're not the stiff plastic bottles you usually get, they're more like bags; it's quite thin plastic with a little bit of solid plastic as a base for the lid. But it's good, because it means I can have water that tastes exactly the same as the stuff at home even when I'm not here.

Kirsten's Cooking said...

I love water, too - but our problem is that our water bottles disappear at alarming rates - with three kids in sports we're always hunting all over the house for ours!

I love your collection - we have nothing that cute!

Alisa said...

I have to start remembering to bring water with me. Especially when I go to work. I'm so bad about drinking my water. Thanks for the motivation!

Kate said...

We have a cabinet full of water bottles and they all get a lot of use! If I'm not drinking coffe or tea, it's water. We have a filter in the fridge door and we get most of water that way.