Wednesday, February 2, 2011

WIP Wednesday

I have never been an on demand quilter.   I don't do many baby quilts, because I want to work on what I want to work on, when I want to work on it.   So of my 10 grandchildren only 3 of them have quilts made by Grandma.  The sad thing is, is that it is not even the oldest 3.    I know this is a tragedy and my DIL's remind me of it all the time.   Just kidding.   I have quilts in mind for all of them, and more than half of the remaining quilts to be made are on my UFO/WIP/PHD list . 

I am hoping to get most of them to my 2011 Finishes list,  and the current WIP onto the February finish list.    My #2 grandson, who is 8 years old, will be getting this quilt on his 9th Birthday.    That is coming up on March 15th.    I am really good if I have a deadline, but it has to be one that I give myself.  

The fabrics and the embroidered planes look more black & gray than the blue they really are.   The only truly black fabric is the sashing.     Each plane or flying machine, is a different blue and there are 6 of them.   They are all done.   There are 6 pieced blocks and 3 of those are done and the others finished tonight.   It is my goal to have the top finished and loaded onto the mid-arm frame by Sunday afternoon.

I think I can do it!

Then on to the next grandchild UFO.   I am really trying to be a better grandma.   But they won't quit having babies.   We have 2 more on the way, one in April and one in July.    Their baby quilts won't be finished either, but they will get a larger quilt if they have to wait a few years.

2 comments:

Shay said...

I read this post and became very thankful I only have one grandchild. You're gonna be soooooo busy.

Love the airplanes and helicopter. That's a great boy quilt idea Janice.

Lee said...

Oh, what a great boy quilt. He will love it. And sometimes it's nice to make a quilt for an older child who can appreciate it more, instead of all babies, all the time. : )

Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday, have a fabulous week! : )